Wednesday, May 18

I’ll have the smiley face breakfast special. Uhh, but could you add a bacon nose? Plus bacon hair, bacon mustache...

five o’clock shadow made of bacon bits and a bacon body.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/15-ten-second-health-tips

I'm down with anybody who recommends starting a day with bacon and eggs. The rest of the advice i could take or leave, but it's worth a quick read i guess. I have read several recent things about vitamin D being very good for you and helping people lose weight, and if you live in more northern areas, and/or are older your body doesn't produce as much naturally so that might be a good one to think about. Although i've also read relatively negative things about taking vitamin pills (as opposed to consuming vitamins which appear naturally in your food.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Aras said...

1. Eat Bacon and Eggs for Breakfast
I eat eggs for breakfast about every other day.

2. Tilt Up Your Rearview Mirror
I'll keep that in mind.

3. Lean Back in Your Office Chair
I do that.

4. Use the Bathroom Stall Nearest to the Door
I do that.

5. Don't Blow Your Nose When You Have a Cold
I never heard of that, and I don't really understand it.

6. Stand Up and Stretch Out
I do that.

7. Take a Vitamin D Supplement
I, too, have heard bad things about vitamins.

8. Pet Your Dog Often
No dog. But the suggestion said it's better than girlfriends, not wives and children.

9. Steam Your Broccoli
I do that.

10. Lose the Dryer Lint
Don't use a dryer.

11. Skip Spray Cleaners
I do that.

12. Never Eat Out of the Original Container
I don't.

13. Rent The Hangover 2
We watch comedies all the time.

14. Tape a Golf Ball to the Back of Your Pajamas
I do sleep on my side or front.

15. Sleep 7 to 8 Hours a Night
I rarely get less than 7 hours, and I do always aim for 8.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Trashcan said...

sounds like you've got it pretty together.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Aras said...

Incidentally, you wrote someplace that you try to keep under 700 calories prior to dinner. That must be a little tricky after a bacon and eggs breakfast, especially if you add toast.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Trashcan said...

Yes when i am dieting i don't usually eat bacon and eggs for breakfast. Although an egg is only like 70 calories. According to smithfield their bacon is only 40 calories a slice if it is fried. I presume it has to be well fried to cook off most of the fat to make it that way. But even if you up it to 80 a slice, 2 slices of bacon and 2 and 2 eggs clocks in at just 300 calories. Add a slice of bread to make it 400, and you still have room for a snack before dinner. Of course if you fry the egg in the bacon grease, that will add calories, i don't know how much.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Aras said...

One tablespoon of lard is 115 calories. That's probably about the yield of two well cooked slices of bacon. I do cook my eggs in bacon fat, but I tip it off the pan into a jar and just use the remainder, probably about half of the total.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home