Wednesday, October 1

i like meat.

On another food related topic. Actually a previous food related topic because this will be up on top of my previous post and therefore almost certainly read first, a recent global warming study has said people will have to limit themselves to 4 small servings a week of meat, and 1 liter of milk. My understanding is that the food industry creates more "greenhouse gases" than all the transportation in the world combined. So while cars are getting all the blame, meat is doing most of the damage. But if anybody actually thinks that industrialized nations are going to cut down their meat eating to those levels they are sorely mistaken. I might possibly be able to cut my meat content to 4 small servings a day, and my milk intake to a liter every 2 days. But that's the best i could do for you.

slash i think i read a while back about how walking to work you actually burn more calories and then end up eating more which creates more green house gases than if you had just driven to work. I guess it also depends on what you eat, but just something to think about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aras said...

I actually read the other one first. I guess your late night writing and my late morning reading match up perfectly!

3:40 AM  
Blogger Trashcan said...

does that mean you checked my blog, saw a single new post and read it before the other one went up? You should go on aim sometime in that case and we could chat. I guess i should go on skype, but i tried a couple times recently and it didn't seem to work. I don't really know anyone who uses skype outside of family, so i didn't bother to figure it out.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Aras said...

that is what that means.

that's funny: your skype experience is identical to my aim experience: nobody uses it outside my family. but my entire family, sans lokys, uses skype also, just like everybody else in the world, friends and colleagues; indeed, i chat with mamute or liepa practically every day on skype.

i had to uninstall aim, because it had several annoying traits that i couldn't get rid of. popping up all the time, showing me advertisements, and farting in my face, for starters.

2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home