Monday, August 22

Do you know how many memories I have? Three! Standing in line for a movie, having a key made, and sitting here talking to you. 38 years and that's all

I believe aras has been interested in the idea of a medical fountain of youth for some time. This guy is proposing way more than that. The only question is will we live long enough to bathe in the fountain.

Bonus simpsons quotes (i was looking for the one in the title (or similar about the flour bag, etc.) but stumbled across these other awesome ones by accident.)

Bart: Dad what are you doing here?
Homer: Reading about this Edison character. They wont let me in the big people library down town. There was some.. unpleasantless I can never go back.

Homer: And these hearty boys books are great too! This one's about smugglers.
Bart: They're all about smugglers.
Homer: No, not this one: "The Smugglers Of Pirate Cove", it's about pirates.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aras said...

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even five hundred would be pretty nice.
— CEO Nwabudike Morgan, MorganLink 3DVision Live Interview

3:00 AM  
Blogger Trashcan said...

It's been a long time since i played alpha centauri. I wonder if there's anyway we could play online with each other that would be fun.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Aras said...

We can try, I'll look into it. The problem will be the waiting towards the end of the game when each turn, including upkeep, takes several minutes.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Aras said...

I just finished reading the article, it was pretty long. At least it didn't take me a million years.

Very interesting concept, but I'm fairly certain we won't live to see it. As the technology is first introduced it will only be obtainable to the super rich, just as cars, computers, and cell phones were.

Have you seen The Island, with Ewan McGregor? I think that's a much more realistic opportunity for extended life, but once again, only for the super rich (at first).

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home